We will optimize and improve our facilities and our technology to provide a learning environment that is safe, secure, accessible and inspires innovation and creativity.
The district’s technology infrastructure is stable, secure, and relevant to support learning.
- Develop and implement a three-year Learning and Business Technology Plan.
- Increase access to technology hardware and software and ensure they are reliable and relevant for their intended purpose.
- Expand learning opportunities to support the integration of technology.
- Implement and support the use of a common collaboration platform (Microsoft 365 & Teams) that enhances communication, learning and community.
- Strengthen the security of our network, data, software, systems and practices.
- Increase cybersecurity education and training to enhance awareness and proactivity.
- Enhance wireless access and network stability in all district facilities.
The district’s facilities are well-maintained, equitable, safe, and conducive to learning.
- Provide equitable learning environments through effective and efficient facilities planning, management and resource allocation.
- Provide clean, healthy and safe facilities.
- Implement the 2020 Maintenance Review recommendations to optimize service delivery and improve the quality and timeliness of maintenance to our facilities.
- Implement strategic recommendations in the Long Range Facilities Plan.
- Work collaboratively with the Ministry of Education to accelerate seismic upgrading of our schools.
- Create learning environments that are flexible and support inclusive educational practices.
The district fosters energy efficient and environmentally sustainable facilities and practices.
- Develop and implement a five-year Sustainability and Climate Action Plan.
- Improve energy efficiency, climate resiliency and sustainability of all facilities through capital improvements.
- Implement sustainable practices and programs to improve waste diversion rates, reduce waste generation, reduce greenhouse gas emissions, conserve water and promote climate action.
- Increase sustainability education and awareness training and learning opportunities for staff and students.