The finance department is responsible for preparing the district budget, controlling the collection and disbursement of funds, monitoring revenues and expenditures, preparing financial reports, and performing internal audits.
2022/2023 Budget Process
An inclusive process has been developed to ensure the community is informed and involved in the budget process.
Members of the community are welcome to submit ideas and suggestions by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to the Office of the Secretary-Treasurer, Board of Education of School District No. 38, 7811 Granville Avenue, Richmond, BC V6Y 3E3.
2022/2023 Budget Timeline
February 2022 – May 2022
- Ministry of Education 2022/2023 Operating Grant announced
- Finalize 2022/2023 and Three-Year Base Budgets
- Provide budget updates and gather feedback and input through the Budget Advisory Working Group
- Gather stakeholder/public input/feedback on budget
- Budget information updates for stakeholders, trustees and public
- Board consideration of stakeholder and public input and feedback (Committee of the Whole)
- Finalize list of potential proposed budget adjustments
- Board deliberations on proposed budget adjustments
- Board approval of 2022/2023 Annual Budget (May 25)