On Friday, November 19, the Province of British Columbia issued two temporary emergency orders designed to restrict non-essential travel and to prioritize fuel for essential vehicles. The Ministry of Education has asked all school districts to assist with conserving fuel. As a result, the Richmond School District will be taking the following steps to reduce fuel consumption:
- Encouraging staff to limit non-essential travel and consider carpooling, cycling, walking and public transit
- Transitioning in-person meetings to virtual meetings
- Cancelling or rescheduling non-essential extracurricular activities or field trips
- Rescheduling or adjusting planned maintenance and grounds work
- Requesting staff to work from home, where appropriate
We encourage everyone to do what they can to limit fuel use during this difficult time. Thank you for your patience and understanding.